Your mental health counselor is trained in a range of therapeutic techniques to provide customized treatments that address the unique needs and challenges of each client. Below are some of the treatments we offer:
- Breathing Techniques: This technique involves learning how to control your breath to reduce stress and anxiety. It can be used to promote relaxation and improve your overall sense of well-being.
- Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT): CPT is a type of cognitive-behavioral therapy that is used to treat post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and other trauma-related disorders. It helps clients challenge and change negative thoughts and beliefs related to their trauma.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Skills: DBT is a type of therapy that focuses on helping clients develop skills to manage their emotions, improve their interpersonal relationships, and reduce impulsive behavior.
- Somatic Experience: This therapy involves focusing on physical sensations and using them to help process and release trauma. It is a body-centered approach to healing that can be helpful for clients who have experienced physical or emotional trauma.
- Empty Chair Technique: This technique is used in Gestalt therapy to help clients work through unresolved feelings or conflicts. It involves having the client imagine someone or something in an empty chair and then having a dialogue with that person or thing.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR): EMDR is a type of therapy that is used to treat PTSD and other trauma-related disorders. It involves using eye movements or other forms of bilateral stimulation to help clients process traumatic memories.
- Gottman Therapy: Gottman Therapy is a type of couples therapy that is based on the research of Drs. John and Julie Gottman. It helps couples improve their communication, manage conflict, and build a stronger relationship.
- Play Therapy for Adults: Play therapy is a technique that is often used with children, but it can also be effective for adults. It involves using toys, games, and other forms of play to help clients express their feelings and work through emotional challenges.
Your mental health counselor will work with you to determine which treatments are best suited to your needs and goals. We believe in taking a collaborative and compassionate approach to therapy and will work with you to develop a personalized treatment plan that meets your unique needs.